Photo: RNDr. Dušan Korytár, CSc
Technology of nano-machining of inner walls of X-ray monochromator channels (prepared from mono-crystals such as Ge, Si, GaAs, InP, etc.) on a nano-machining center, using a tool of circular (disc) shape in which a diamond mono-crystal is mounted.
- achievement of significantly higher shape accuracy (flatness of inner walls of the monochromator);
- achievement of low surface roughness (below 5 nm rms);
- achievement of minimal subsurface disturbance of the crystal lattice (for a possible re-polishing, a quarter of the time of chemical re-polishing is sufficient compared to the stochastic method);
- in the case of a solution with two diamond tips, achievement of extreme parallelism of inner walls of the channel, unachievable by other methods.
Use of technology
- for the production of X-ray channel monochromators;
- other possible applications are in the field of ultra-precision machining in confined channel-type spaces in precision and fine mechanics, microfluidics and optics.
Protection of intellectual property