The variety of the interspecific amaranth hybrid K-433 (Amaranthus hypochondriacus
x Amaranthus hybridus
) under the name ‘ZOBOR‘ is characterized by an increased production potential compared to existing varieties, while maintaining a high nutritional value.
- resistant to many diseases;
- tolerant to drought, salinity and high temperatures;
- ability to grow on soils unsuitable for cereal crops;
- high nutritional value of the seed;
- low content of gluten-forming proteins – use in gluten-free foods;
- high adaptability to altitude – from lowlands to marginal mountain areas.
- in the food industry, in particular for the production of healthy and special foods for the health support of the population;
- starch from Zobor can also be potentially used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
Protection of intellectual property
- Breeder’s certificate: (SK)