A new type of compound refractive lenses (CRL) designed for collimation or focusing of X-rays and a method for their production using an innovative nano-machining technology with a monocrystalline diamond tool.
- possibility of manufacturing of the entire array of lenses in one technological process;
- possibility of manufacturing not only cylindrical but also 3D surfaces;
- relatively short manufacturing time;
- achievement of high shape accuracy, low surface roughness and minimal subsurface defects of the active surfaces of refractive lenses.
Use of technology
- focusing or collimation of X-rays. Compound refractive lenses are currently used mainly on synchrotrons to focus X-rays. Focused X-rays can be used for example for structural analysis of various materials or for submicron resolution imaging, such as micro-tomography, ptychography, high-resolution crystallography, high-resolution coherent diffraction imaging, and others.
Protection of intellectual property